Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Songs I Didn't Skip (Part 13)

 How long am I going to continue doing this? Perhaps when I get a repeat which could be a very long time or not, knowing how the Apple Music app works.


"Shadow Dancing" by Andy Gibb (1978) 

The first stop by a Gibb/Bee Gees track. Another well-crafted disco hit.

"Hit The Road Jack" by Ray Charles (1961)

Did you know there's a follow up song called, "Well, I Told You"?

"Love In Song" by Wings (1975)

Growing up, this was the first LP from Wings I had a copy of so I listened to it a lot. It's not one of the best of their albums but it has a few good tracks. This is one of the better ones, though it sounds at times like Paul is trying a little too hard for an "exotic" sound with his chords. Never mind, it's miles better than the album's hit single, "Listen to What the Man Said" which I can't stand, even with Tom Scott playing on it.

"Hold On, I'm Comin'" by Sam & Dave (1966)

I love this song but I can't help but picture a beat-to-shit police car driving around suburban Chicago when I hear it.

"Whistlin' Past The Graveyard" by Tom Waits (1978)

Another Tom, though different. Love the lyrics on this one.

"Wheel in the Sky" by Journey

1978 is a big year in my music library it seems.

"Broken Arrow" by Robbie Robertson (1987)

This is positively drenched in Daniel Lanois production murk.

"Too Much Information" by The Police (1981)

Truly lesser-level Police but holds up today just for its theme.

"Peter Gunn" by Art of Noise (1986)

It's hard to screw up a song like "Gunn" but this one wears out its welcome after a while.

"Overkill" by Men at Work" (1983)

Not bad, but I prefer "It's a Mistake" from this album.


No comments:

Post a Comment