Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Songs I Didn't Skip (part 4)

 "Birds Fly (Whisper to a Scream)" by The Icicle Works (1983)

If I'd heard this semi obscure New Wave song before, I completely forgot about it. Decent. Let up a little bit on the floor toms, will ye?

"Alone in the Dark" by John Hiatt (1987)

Is random mode *really* random? This one coming up relatively soon after the Bonnie Raitt song I mentioned earlier makes me wonder. 

"Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down" by Band of Joy (2010).

Random you say? A good version of this traditional song cover by Robert Plant with some good and understated instrumental playing. 

"April In Paris" by Frank Sinatra (1951)

I'm much more used to Sinatra's later recordings so this was pretty fresh. It doesn't touch the Basie version but this was nice.

"That Lucky Old Sun" by Johnny Cash (2000)

 It's been a while since I've heard one of the tracks from Cash's "American" series of late albums with Rick Rubin. It's hard to skip a Cash.

"Indian Giver" by The Ramones (1983)

I have to admit that I lingered on this one due to the title. Yeah. Strangely, this is a cover of a song written in 1910.



No comments:

Post a Comment